The Mobile Arts Council (MAC) has approved the allocation of four $1000 stipends towards Mobile-area arts organizations and/or individuals. This will be available to those involved with any arts medium: crafts, dance, design, fine art, media/photography, music, literature, or theater.
The aim of the 2019 Community Arts Grants are to facilitate projects which achieve some or all of the following objectives:
- Enhance the wellbeing of the community through artistic activities and pursuits which create cultural wealth.
- Encourage participation in arts and cultural activities for individuals, groups and the broader community.
- Encourage, support and promote innovation and skill development in the arts.
- Celebrate local and emerging culture and identity.
- Promote and encourage enduring and sustainable arts activities including those which may generate cultural tourism or income generating opportunities for artists.
The grant submission period is extended until July 25th at 11:59 P.M.