Mobile Symphony Orchestra: Festival of Strings
Date(s) - October 17, 2020 - October 18, 2020
The Saenger Theatre
Here are 11 important changes and information you need to know:
- To prepare for a safe season, we have moved our opening concert from September 12 & 13 to October 17 & 18.
- Following current distancing guidelines we can seat safely only 400 people in the 1,900-seat Saenger. Seats and rows will be blocked to accommodate distancing.
- We’ll begin with concerts of approximately one hour with no intermission.
- Four performances of each concert: 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Saturdays and 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Sundays.
- Musicians will be six feet apart on stage, meaning a smaller orchestra.
- Masks covering nose and mouth are required.
- The Saenger will be sanitized between performances.
- All concerts will be professionally videoed and will be available online to members and paid ticket-holders who do not feel comfortable attending in person. If you do not plan to attend the opening concert, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you have already purchased a membership or tickets, we will contact you directly in August about performance preferences and seating. If you want to renew your membership, please call the box office at 251-432-2010.
- All tickets will be emailed prior to each concert, unless paper tickets are requested. Tickets will be scanned at the door for contact-free entry.
- We will not be able to offer bus service this season.