Date(s) - December 13, 2019
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Bellingrath Gardens and Home
It’s one of the nation’s best holiday light shows, and it’s right here in south Alabama! Bellingrath Gardens and Home presents the 24th season of Magic Christmas in Lights in 2019. The dazzling nighttime display features more than 1,100 set pieces, 3 million lights and 15 scenes, set out in a walking tour throughout the 65-acre Garden estate. The show continues nightly from 5 to 9 p.m. through Dec. 31, 2019.
- A Gulf Coast tradition: Magic Christmas in Lights has become a must-see tradition for visitors from the Gulf Coast region and beyond. Families enjoy strolling along the paths together, taking holiday photos, drinking cocoa on Live Oak Plaza and visiting Santa Claus in the Magnolia Café.
- Made in Alabama: Many of our guests do not realize that Magic Christmas in Lights is a made-in-Alabama attraction. Each year, the set pieces for the holiday lights are designed and handmade on site by members of Bellingrath’s staff. Four of our employees work full-time all year on the light display.
- Awards: Magic Christmas in Lights was a Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event winner in December 2018, and was included in USA Today’s 2018 Top 10 list of “Best Botanical Garden Holiday Light Displays in America,” which was compiled with readers’ online votes. The display was also selected to the American Bus Association’s “Top 100 Events of 2016.”
- Music and historic tours: Magic Christmas in Lights also includes choral performances on the South Terrace on weeknights during the first three weeks of the season. In addition, the historic Bellingrath Home, which will be decorated in full holiday finery, will be open for guided tours each night until 8 p.m. The Home, built in 1935, features the Bellingraths’ original antique furniture and collections.
- Military Mondays are back! Members of the military and their families will receive a 15% discount on each Monday of the Magic Christmas in Lights season. The dates are Dec. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
- Santa and shopping: Guests are sure to find that perfect holiday gift in our fully stocked Gift Shop, open until 9 p.m. nightly. Guests may also have their photos taken with Santa Claus in the Magnolia Café each night from 5:30 to 9 p.m. through Dec. 23.
- Festive food: Snacks and hot cocoa are available for purchase at the midway point of the tour on Live Oak Plaza. The Magnolia Café will have extended hours, 4 to 8 p.m., during the season; menus are posted on our website, org.
- Plan your visit: For details about Magic Christmas in Lights, or to order tickets, visit our website, org. (The Gardens will be closed on Christmas and New Year’s Days.)